Sunday, February 14, 2016

Papertrey Ink: Paper Crafting Alphabet Challenge

Today's challenge will be unique in that our card design is determined by an Alphabet of requirements.  I chose to go the easy route and used the first three letters of my first name.  Therefore my requirements are:

D = Add detail with a white pen or paper piercer
O = Incorporate some kind of Ombre effect
L = Lean your sentiment

How did I meet each of these design points? I added detail to my leaves using a white pen.  I used multiple colors blended on my background to satisfy the Ombre requirement and last I gave the lower portion of my card a good slant so that my sentiment placement had a nice lean.  To finish off the card I added a few colored sequins.  It was totally fun to get our my Fab Flakes stamp set and use them as my flowers.  I'll be using this set of stamps year round.

Products Used:
Papertrey Ink: Fab Flakes Stamp Set and Dies
Papertrey Ink: Turning a New Leaf Stamp Set and Dies
Papertrey Ink: One Big Happy Stamp and Die Collection
 SSS Sequins: Crystal Reflections-Cold Hands Warm Heart


4 comments:

Linda February 14, 2016 at 1:42 PM  

Love this, so pretty and Spring like.

Keri February 14, 2016 at 5:55 PM  

Ooh! Such a pretty, happy card! :)

paperkicks February 14, 2016 at 6:01 PM  

Love the layering and the colors in the ombre effect. Nice!

Oreety February 15, 2016 at 6:59 PM  

So beautiful and fresh, I love it! Well done!!!

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP