Thursday, June 25, 2015

Papertrey June Blog Hop Challenge

This month's blog hop had such a cute inspiration picture.  These shoes are precious.  The stripes and bright pop of color were what caught my attention.  I could not decide if the stripes in this picture were a dark grey or a blue, but either would make a lovely card. 

With this inspiration I made a couple of cards for a friend who has just found out she has cancer.  My heart goes out to her and I want her to know she is daily in my thoughts and prayers. 
The new Keep it Simple: Praying for you sentiments were perfect for the card above.

I added a grey ink pad to my supplies since I am discovering the value of neutral colors.  This one is Memento London Fog.  I used the PTI Stripes Diagonal die cut as a stencil to add the background grey stripes.

Products Used:
PTI Ombre Builders Stamp Set
PTI Brushed Blooms Stamp Set and dies
PTI Keep it Simple:Praying for you Stamp Set 
PTI Stripes Diagonal Die
PTI Big Hugs stamp Set and Dies
PTI Bloomers Stamp Set and Dies
PTI Meadow Greens Stamp Set



7 comments:

Donna Cala June 25, 2015 at 5:31 PM  

Two beautiful and thoughtful cards!

Jen W. June 25, 2015 at 7:18 PM  

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Dolores, and I do hope that she will win her fight against cancer. Your gorgeous cards will surely bring some comfort and remind her how many people are pulling for her.

Leigh Penner June 25, 2015 at 10:30 PM  

These are both beautiful! I'm so sorry about your friend!

Darnell June 25, 2015 at 11:32 PM  

Both of your creations are marvelous takes on the photo inspiration, Dolores! They will comfort your friend as she travels her tough road back to recovery. You're a true friend! Hugs, Darnell

Birgit June 26, 2015 at 7:01 AM  

Both of your cards are fabulous! I hope your card brings a bit of comfort to your friend and she knows just how loved she is. She's blessed to have you in her life!

Helen F. June 26, 2015 at 10:54 AM  

Sorry to hear about your friend, Dolores, I hope and pray she can stay strong enough to fight this cancer. Your cards are beautiful and will bring her comfort during this battle.

Jen Carter June 26, 2015 at 4:41 PM  

I really like how you used the stencil for the stripes! Very lovely!

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP