Saturday, January 3, 2015

Make-it-Monday: a la Carte

Since this week's Make-it-Monday at Papertrey Ink was a la Carte, I had a difficult time choosing what to create.  I have missed a number of the challenges and was intrigued by more than one of the videos.  I finally decided on #177 Using Cover Plate Negatives.  I had a great time with this because one card led to another and then another.  Here is my card using the cover plate negative technique.

I used my Stripes Diagonal Die and cut out it out of white cardstock; the negative shapes are on this first card.  That looked fine, but I then thought about using the positive cover plate that remained for another card.  I decided to try using it as a stencil.  Here is the result.
I used post-it tape to hold the cover plate positive shape to a piece of white cardstock and was able to blend some pink and orange ink to get a pretty background for this card.  When I finished this card I still had my positive shape from the cover plate, it was just blended with color.  Well I though I could use this too, so one more card came out of this project.



3 comments:

Nancy Penir January 3, 2015 at 5:06 PM  

Wow! Talk about using it all, you not only used, but created 3 beautiful cards! The first with hearts is a stunner!

Imke January 4, 2015 at 3:17 AM  

Just great ! My favorite is the second. But they are all very pretty !!!

Unknown January 4, 2015 at 5:40 PM  

I just love how you made 3 cards! I am going to try my hand at some similar cards this week! Thanks for sharing your talent.

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP